Creation of RPM Packages
Software can only be easily managed (install, update, uninstall) by using RPMs, with tar archives, this is only possible to a very limited extent. If a software package can be used on many systems, creating an RPM package is therefore reasonable. This training is performed on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, but the acquired knowledge can also be used on other RPM-based distributions.
Administrators and developers who want to provide their software in the form of RPM packages available.
Safe working in the shell (including vi ) and basic knowledge of the command rpm are a prerequisite for this training .
Thursday 26. to Friday 27.03.2015
Thursday 01. to Friday 02.06.2015
- Software Management in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- To compile software from source code
- Structure of RPM packages
- Structure of the SPEC files
- Create and sign RPM packages
- Define dependencies
- Integrate scripts in RPM packages
- Setting up the install server
- Automatic Installation
- Using AutoYaST
- Overview : The Open Build Service
Price: 1100 - . €
Training courses at the ATIX training center include the following services:
- The relevant training in a fully equipped training room with a physical computer and possibly more virtual machines for each participant.
- Training materials
- Meals during the training
- Use of the wireless in the classroom
Arrival and Hotel
For questions about dates, venues or requests, please contact us directly.
E -mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +49 89 4523538-0